Our School Aims and Values
Cove Infant School is a highly successful school that prides itself on providing an excellent education for children aged 4-7 years. Our children have the opportunity, through a values based curriculum, to learn by first hand experiences and to discover who they are in a safe, stimulating and engaging environment. We ensure that all of the children at Cove Infant School are provided with a solid foundation for them to confidently explore learning, as well as providing the skills to encourage, inspire and empower them to develop an ‘I can’ attitude. We foster a spirit of enquiry in our children, coupled with a sense of self-worth; individual talents and contributions are valued and celebrated; areas for development are supported and addressed in a caring school environment. We establish high standards of behaviour, reinforced by praise and underpinned by positive, moral values.
We aim to:
- Maintain high standards. We encourage children, staff, parents and governors to set high standards of achievement, value excellence and experience success
- Create a school ethos that is based firmly on mutual respect, trust and tolerance
- Celebrate diversity in all aspects of life; promoting inclusivity in all that we do at Cove Infant School
- Offer a variety of strategies to develop each pupil as an independent as well as a co-operative learner, fostering an ‘I can’ attitude where children are keen problem solvers and are willing to take risks
- Provide enriching, enjoyable and first – hand opportunities for all children to reach their full potential and develop key life skills within a supportive, nurturing and welcoming environment, as well as extending learning to the local community and further afield!
- Provide a broad and balanced, well – organised curriculum, tailored to the needs of our children
- Create an attractive and stimulating learning environment, supportive of all childrens needs
- Enable all of our children to have the confidence and resilience to be inquisitive young people and ignite a lifelong love of learning
- Create positive partnerships with parents and the local community
- Encourage and celebrate all achievements within and beyond the curriculum
- Provide a broad range of opportunities to promote a healthy lifestyle that considers and supports physical and mental well being
- Ensure that our children are safe internet users in our ever growing digital world
- Provide continuous professional development for all members of staff, and the Governing Body
- Encourage the children to respect themselves, each other, the local community and the environment, allowing them to become responsible citizens
- Provide the skills and knowledge that the children will need as they move on to Junior, and in turn, secondary phases of their education.
Please feel free to contact us via the contact us page or via telephone if you require any further information.